Monday, February 15

Ecobaby Yarn



This week I came across the new Ecobaby Organic Cotton Yarn from Debbie Bliss which sadly, has not yet hit our shores down here in NZ. This yarn looks beautiful and is manufactured from 100% organic, fairtrade cotton within an ecologically and socially conscious process through the Bio Re textile chain, which integrates farmers, their families and the textile industry as equal partners. The yarn is dyed with non toxic dyes in recyclable water, giving a palette of 16 gorgeous shades making it perfect for all manner of baby knitting projects.

I can't wait to get my hands on it as I love the texture and drape of cotton for some baby knitting like the Wavy Cashmere Blanket from my book. Because this wool knits up the same as Baby Cashmerino it is a wonderful choice if you prefer to knit with cotton but love the Debbie Bliss color palate. I am very happy that more designers are working with Organic yarns and dyes especially for baby knitting. I plan to use the Eco baby to re-work a few vintage patterns I have in my collection and I hope to share them with you later this season.



No comments: